Is There a Fire Risk in Your Ceiling?

One of our owners had a casual discussion with an electrician on a scheduled visit to their property.  During the conversation potential house fires came up in relation to halogen light risks. 

The owner  requested a changeover to safer LED light fittings and when the electrician returned to complete the replacement, he found significant heat damage to wiring behind some fittings.  One section of wire was singed black for a good 30cm! Dust build up and incorrect placing of insulation poses a very real danger.

The switch to LED's has potentially averted a serious risk to tenants and property that was not consciously being considered prior to the casual conversation.

An electrician explains more in this short clip.